(2/26/47 – 5/17/03)
Another year passed and still he is gone.
Another year passed and his memory lives on.
Raise a glass. Cut the grass. Kiss a lass.
Or, just take a moment, and sit on your ass.
Look around and see all you can see.
Take it all in.
Days are long, but time is short.
Whatever will be, will be.
Top 25 Things My Dad Said
(In no particular order)
1. I hate dogs, kids and motherhood. (*Note: He surrounded himself with them all his life.)
2. Take care of your tools and they’ll always take care of you.
3. Free, take. Pay, why bother.
4. Soft as a sneaker full of shit.
5. Not packing a full sea bag.
6. Learn a trade and you’ll never go hungry.
7. All brains and no common sense.
8. Every party needs a pooper. That’s why we invited you – pa.
9. Apple pie without cheese is like a kiss without a squeeze.
10. God helps those who help themselves.
11. Stop crying or I’ll give you something to cry about.
12.A fool and their money are soon parted.
13. A bunch of C&E Catholics
14. The goddam church…
15. When in doubt, whip it out.
16. Miller: The Champagne of Bottled Beers
17. He/she doesn’t have a pot to piss in.
18. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream. Sis boom bah.
19. If I stare at it long enough, I can figure it out.
20. I joined the Navy to see the world. And what did I see? I saw the sea.
21. Act your age. Not your shoe size.
22. It’s no privilege to wear a tie every day.
23. Rest? I’ll rest when I’m dead.
24. Built like a brick shit house.
25. Take what you want, but eat what you take.